A tree is firm, it doesn't move. It weathers storms. While it may get damaged it stands firm. It remains. It's a constant presence. If one falls, another grows.
- fixed in direction; steadily directed: a steadfast gaze.
- firm in purpose, resolution, faith, etc.: a steadfast friend.
- unwavering, as resolution, faith, or adherence.
- firmly established, as an institution or a state of affairs.
- firmly fixed in place or position; stable.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- Firmly loyal or constant; unswerving. synonym: faithful.
- Fixed or unchanging.
- Fixed or unmovable.
from The Century Dictionary.
Firm; firmly fixed or established in place or position.
Firm; unyielding; unwavering; constant; resolute.
- Hook backing
- Released: 06/13/2020